Wednesday, February 25, 2009

NEXT COOK THE BOOKS...BOOK: Kitchen Confidential!


kitchencon
Hello everyone!

It is finally my turn (oh yeah, I am Jo from Food Junkie not Junk Food) to be the host of the next Cook the Books and I have something for the boys this time. I don't know if you realized (I certainly did): we haven't had any male participation so far, which is a real shame, because I know there are readers-bloggers-cooks out there, that would have liked to cook our books, but admittedly the books were a bit...girly!

Moreover, I wanted a book translated into Greek also, so perhaps some of my Greek readeres will be able to participate (not that I hold my hopes very high...).

The next pick therefor for Cook the Books Club (and one of my favourite books) will be: Anthony Bourdain's, Kitchen Confidential, Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, a " deliciously funny, delectably shocking banquet of wild-but-true tales of life in the culinary trade from Chef Anthony Bourdain, laying out his more than a quarter-century of drugs, sex, and haute cuisine".

What more do you want?

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS:  25th of April 2009

P.S.  Anthony Bourdain is the executive chef at Brasserie Les Halles in New York, and he is the host of the series No Reservations on the Travel Channel. He is the author of A Cook's Tour, Les Halles Cookbook, and the novels Bone in the Throat and Gone Bamboo.

No comments: